We often find when we align our energies with the specific phases of the Moon, we feel more inspired and productive. Tuning into nature and the environment around us has been shown to help us understand ourselves on a deeper level.
Using the phases of the moon to implement moon rituals to your self-care routine has been claimed to aid in delving into emotions and intuition. Repeated and predictable acts or “rituals” of self-love can have healing effects on our minds and bodies.
The full moon phase is the most intense one, so it’s the one we in general feel the most. It can impact our sleep, our mood and our sensitivity. This is why it’s the ideal moment to practice protection rituals and to reflect and set some intentions.
We have discovered this protection ritual that we would like to share with you:
The Full Moon Biscuits! Little cakes to enjoy while setting intentions during the full moon. You can practice this yummy ritual with friends or on your own.
- 100g of almond powder
- 100g of flour
- 90g of sugar
- 90g of butter
- 1 egg
- In a large bowl, mix the almond powder, flour and sugar. Then, incorporate the butter.
- Whisk the egg (like an omelette) and add it to the preparation.
- Knead the dough by hand for a few minutes.
- Cover the dough and leave it for 1 hour in the fridge.
- Pre-heat your oven at 200°c. Lightly roll out the dough with a rolling pin.
- Cut out the dough making many small moon shapes. Place them on a baking sheet and cook them in the oven for 10-15 minutes. Make sure it’s not too hot before eating them!
During a full moon night, after you baked the full moon biscuits, light up a candle. Set an intention to each biscuit linked to a particular situation that you would like to realise or to resolve. Be in the present moment while you enjoy each biscuit.