It’s Summer time! This Ayurvedic Saffron Lemonade recipe will help you to: cool your skin, eliminate toxins and cool your temper!
2 tsp of raw sugar
1 pinch of saffron
1 cup of water
1. Heat the saffron in a plate over boiling water for five minutes.
2. Pulverise in a mortar and pestle.
3. Add two tsp of warm water and soak.
4. When brewed (after ten minutes minimum up to twenty four hours), add sugar and stir until it dissolves in a glass.
5. Add lemon and water and serve.
Lemon’s popularity in Summer comes from its ability to cool you down by opening the pores in your skin, allowing heat to release by way of your sweat (it’s a diaphoretic such as Saffron).
Your sweat glands are great way for the body to eliminate toxins. You will feel light and refreshed.
Hot tempers have a tendency to flare on hot days. Saffron keeps you even keeled, restoring equanimity as it purifies your blood. And a touch of sweetness restores your strength and stamina after sweating.